CREW TRANSFER VESSEL CHARTER
The transport of technicians safely comfortably and efficiently to and from wind farms and other sites is critical for both the offshore construction and maintenance phases of a project.
Turner Iceni can provide fast, reliable vessels which provide valuable logistical support even in the toughest of weather conditions. Turner Iceni has developed its fleet over a number of years, incorporating their vast marine and offshore transfer knowledge into the design of their vessels. Turner Iceni knowledge allows them to offer vessels specifically suited for a location and/or services and Turner Iceni provide their clients their valuable knowledge to ensure the use of their vessels are optimised.
The 23m vessels owned and operated by Turner Iceni have been developed on the back of a £1m R&D project including significant tank testing. As a result of both Iceni’s knowledge and the R&D investment, these vessels are performing to an extremely high level, with availability ranging from 99% to 100% and year round weather downtime of circa 17 to 22% per year. The proven design of our industry leading vessels has undertaken numerous successful and safe transfers on offshore wind farms across the UK.
Our Key Capabilities
- 19,180 crew transfers completed in 2016 all without incident
- A fleet of owned CTVs, plus additional long-term charters
- Experienced and qualified masters and crew, which are retained for continuity
- Vessels able to operate in up to 2.5 metre significant plus wave heights
- High utilisation rates, typically 99% (2016)
- Year round weather downtime between 17 and 22% (2016)
- Service speeds of up to 28 knots
- Passage comfort of the highest level with whole body vibration recordings all under 0.3 m/s² A(8) and all passenger comfort recordings significantly under the ISO-2631 limit.
- Oil and Gas support works
- Subsea deployments (e.g. noise mitigation monitoring equipment)
- ROV and diving operations
- Crew or cargo runs